Have a question?
Frequently Asked Questions
Do’s and Don’ts Before Your Facial Appointment:
- Stay hydrated, drink lots of water, and keep your skin moisturized the week of till the day of your facial appointment. This will help aid with extractions especially for those stubborn clogs!
- Inform your esthetician if you are taking Aspirin or Accutane, and if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, or have any medical conditions or contraindications that I need to be aware of.
- Avoid doing any harsh chemical peels 1-2 weeks before your treatment.
- Avoid using any products that include chemicals like Retin-A, Glycolic Acid, and Lactic Acid, and other types of exfoliants at least 3 days before your appointment. This can cause your skin to be ultrasensitive during your treatment.
- Avoid doing any fillers, botox, or laser treatments prior to your appointment.
How long will it take to see results?
I am realistic with my clients when it comes to expectations as everyone’s skin type is different. Some clients see results right away while others may need more time and several treatments. This is all completely normal and patience is key. Everything just depends on a case to case basis such as lifestyle, genetics, allergies, environment, etc. The best way to improve the process is through consistent monthly treatments and easy to follow post-care regimens.
Do extractions hurt? Will I break out again after my facial?
Since everyone’s skin is different, everyone’s experience will be different! Using extractions for deep pore cleansing is a key part of removing excess layers of dirt, skin, and oil build up. While extractions are beneficial, certain parts of the face may be more sensitive depending on the client’s skin sensitivity.
What is the downtime post facial for extractions and the various treatments?
Again, everyone’s skin type varies and this all results in sensitivity. Generally, it takes anywhere from 5-14 days for your skin to heal depending on the amount of congestion each client has. However, you will instantly feel smoothness right after your facial. Some clients as well may experience slight redness and swelling which is normal and will go away within 24-48 hours. The process can be improved by clients taking good care of their skin post facial by wearing SPF 50+ regularly, staying hydrated, avoiding heavy makeup, avoiding saunas, etc. at least 24-48 hours after their facial or longer if possible.
Is it normal for me to break out after a facial?
Yes! This is referred to as purging. Purging or minor breakouts may occur from new products or treatments. Don’t worry this is actually a good thing! It means that the products and treatments are working deep in the dermis and allows for the congestion to surface and subside. Give at least 1-3 weeks to get your skin acclimated to the new ingredients found in the treatment and/or associated home care products.
What should I do after my facial?
I will provide you with post care instructions to properly maintain your skin. It is important to apply SPF 50+ regularly, stay hydrated, avoid heavy makeup, avoid saunas, etc. at least 24-48 hours after your facial or longer if possible.